Designed for club leaders, teachers and small business.
Designed for Teachers, Tour Leaders, Club Expedition Leaders
With 5 stages courses can provide skills and qualifications to potential leaders.
1. Hold a Bushwalking Basic Skills Certificate or provide evidence of competency.
This means applicants must be able to demonstrate and verify that they have completed walks where they have had to use navigation techniques, general bushcraft techniques. This can be done by:
(1) Provide evidence of a Basic Skills Bushwalking Certificate.
Gain Recognition of Current Competency or Skills Recognition (RCC or SR) in writing to the Training, Assessing, Advisory Panel, c/- Bushwalking Leadership SA, PO Box 564 Hove, SA, 5048. This can be included with your application forms.
Should you choose this option, you require verification from one of the following:
2. Be over the age of 18 years.
3. Hold a current Senior First Aid Certificate.
4. Be prepared to undergo a police check if required
5. Have a minimum level of experience in bushwalking trips in the past three years, totalling at least 10 full days of walking. (This experience must contain at least one trip of three or more days duration. Only overnight, pack carrying trips including tenting are to be counted). Please note that some consideration will be given to those that do not have the required number of days experience bushwalking but have other experiences such as overnight ski-touring, the Day-walk Leaders Certificate, experience with canoe/kayak expeditions or similar.
6. Applicants entering the Bushwalking leadership Certificate course are expected to have a good level of fitness and own bushwalking gear that is of a reasonable enough standard to equip them for overnight, pack-carrying walks.
These costs cover enrolment, instruction, course materials & maps, and all campsite fees for the overnight workshops and 3-day expedition. You will need to provide your own food and equipment for the course.
To gain full Bushwalking Leadership Certification, further fees are payable for each training module.
To gain Advanced Bushwalking Leadership Certification, further fees are payable for each training module.
View information about: