Gordon has a breadth of experience: an assessor and instructor in Mountain Leadership, as well as kayaking, sailing and climbing, and with a previous role as curriculum writer, chief assessor, moderator and chair of the Subject Advisory Committee for Outdoor Education at SACE.
Key experience and qualifications:
- Advanced Bushwalking Leader, Advisor and Assessor for Bushwalking Leadership SA
- Former Curriculum writer, Chief Assessor, Moderator and Chair of the Subject Advisory Committee for Outdoor Education at SACE.
- Course convener and conference presenter at various leadership training and assessment courses.
- Consultant and/or Chair of various peak outdoor leadership training and assessment panels. Assessor and instructor in Mountain Leadership, White-water and Sea Kayaking, Dinghy Sailing, Lead Climbing and Ski Touring.
- Chair of Bushwalking Leadership SA and former Chair of Canoe Education in SA.
- Founding Board member of Outdoors SA.
- William McDonald Fellowship Awardee 2010. Professional Outdoor Education curriculum development activities in Canada and Switzerland over a 3 month period.
Involvement in ACARA Health and Physical Education National Curriculum Focus groups.
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
- Level 3 Sea Kayak Instructor, Level 2 White-water Instructor and AC Assessor
- Lead Climbing Instructor and SAREA Assessor
- Sailing Instructor
- Wilderness First Aid
- Bus license and powerboat handling certificate